Aro Terms & Conditions
‘We’ are Freedom Finance Limited t/a ‘Aro’.
We operate from and are registered at: Atlantic House, Atlas Business Park, Simonsway Manchester M22 5PR.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (‘ICO’) Z120757X and regulated by them for the purposes of data protection. We are also authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA’) in relation to our services.
This website is owned by Freedom Finance Limited t/a Aro and is protected by copyright and database rights. You are not permitted to copy, adapt, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on this website in any way, save for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purpose of viewing on a personal computer or terminal, provided that you do not delete any copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
The website and its services are not intended for individuals below the age of 18.
All products and services offered are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Our services are to offer personal credit solutions 24/7. We do this in our capacity as both an unsecured and secured credit broker.
Below is a breakdown of the products we promote within this site:
Credit broking: Unsecured lending
As an unsecured credit broker, we promote the following products: credit cards; personal loans; short term loans and auto finance.
Secured broking: Secured lending or second charge mortgages
As a secured broker we promote the following products: second charge mortgages more commonly referred to as ‘secured loans’. Secured loans can be used for large purchase, home renovations or debt consolidation*.
We also allow our partner ‘Cream’ mortgages to advertise their services in respect to first charged mortgages within this site.
If you’re thinking of consolidating existing borrowing you should be aware that although you may reduce your monthly outgoings you may be extending the terms of the debt and increasing the total amount you repay. You should also be mindful where you are looking to secure a debt to your home as failure to keep up with repayments could result in repossession.
It’s important that you can afford the repayments now and continue to do so throughout the term of the loan as failure to keep up with your repayments could lead to defaults, CCJ’s, ultimately bankruptcy and affect your ability to obtain future credit.
We do not offer debt advice in regard to personal debts for example where customers are looking to reduce/amend their creditor commitments; liquidate or eradicate their debts completely. Yet in some cases, we do facilitate the introduction of customers to FCA regulated debt solution firms. These are companies who offer advice in regard to personal debts as well as offering products to help with the management or eradication of personal debts. In addition, free debt advice is also available from Money Helper or Citizens Advice.
Credit check and disclosure
In order to deliver our services to you, we undertake a soft credit search. We currently use Equifax and Accountscore to facilitate this. A soft credit search has no impact on your credit rating. It will show up on your credit report yet is only visible to you.
It’s important to bear in mind, that information held about people by credit reference agencies such as Equifax and Accountscore, may already be linked to records related to one or more of your partners or members of your household. It may also in some cases bring up errors, such as tenants that now live in a house you may have rented in the past. This may result as you being treated as ‘financially linked’ and as a result, any offers (where applicable) made may be based on a ‘linked result’.
It is important that you notify any prospective errors on your credit report directly with the credit reference agencies themselves.
Fees & commission
Aro acts as a Credit Broker and not a Lender. If you take out or are introduced to a loan or credit card provider, we will receive payment from that lender; the payment we receive, may vary dependant on the lender, yet it will not impact the amount you pay back to the lender.
We will also receive payment from the lender If you take out or are introduced to a mortgage broker for the purposes of first and second charge mortgage products. The amount we receive, may vary dependant on the lender, yet it will not impact the amount you pay back to the lender.
In addition, we also work with credit brokers and other service providers such as debt solution firms, and as such we will also receive payment should we introduce you to any of these.
Improving our products
We may make improvements or changes to the products, services and prices detailed on this website at any time without notice.
Falsehoods or inaccurate information
If false or inaccurate information is provided, or if a reasonable suspicion of fraud or any other criminal offence is identified, details will be shared with fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies who may access and use this information. We and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
Details of the fraud prevention agencies we work with are available on request.
All transactions relating to our services provided are covered by, and adhere to, the Money Laundering regulations and the Proceeds of Crime Act. Our responsibilities include, but are not limited to, verifying the identity and address of our customers. Identity verification checks may include electronic searches through the Electronic Identification Verification Service, electoral roll and use of credit reference agencies.
We may also require proof of your income and expenditure to satisfy these requirements.
While we try and ensure that all information on this website is accurate and up to date, errors may occur and we accept no liability for such errors. If we discover an error we will amend the website as soon as reasonably possible.
Accuracy of loan quotes
Aro takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the loan quotes which are based on the latest information available from the lenders at that time. However, the lenders on the panel reserve the right to change % APR or % APRC rates and underwriting criteria at any time and without notice. This may result in a change to the loan/secured loan offered to you or may result in the loan/secured loans offer being withdrawn.
The accuracy of the loan/secured loan quotes depends upon the accuracy of the information you have provided. Aro and the lenders on the panel will conduct checks to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided. If information you have provided changes as a result of these checks, the original offer may be changed or withdraw.
Freedom Finance Limited reserves the right to refuse access to this website or any component of it. We may at any time, at the discretion of the site’s management, refuse access to certain areas of this website to any individual it chooses – this refusal of access may take whatever form the management deem suitable.
Prize draw terms and conditions Network Digital Marketing Limited & Aro Ltd:
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Freedom Finance Ltd t/a Aro and promoted by Aro Ltd and Network Digital Marketing Limited.
Eligibility to enter:
3. The prize draw is open to valid members and at least 18 years of age who complete an eligibility check with Aro, between 11:59am on the 16th November 2023 and 11:59am on the 30th November 2023.”
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
- The prize draw is free to enter. You do not need to take out a loan or credit card to be eligible for entry and you will not be applying for a loan or credit card by completing an eligibility check with Aro”
7. The prize draw will include those who complete an eligibility check provided by Aro, between 11:59am on the 16th November 2023 and 11:59am on the 30th November 2023. Entries after that time and date will not be included in the draw.
8. To enter the prize draw simply check your eligibility using Aro’s eligibility check form.
9. Aro will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
10. Winner to receive a £200 Amazon Gift Voucher.
11. The winner will be drawn at random.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternatives will be offered.
13. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of Aro regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The winners will be notified within three weeks of the 30th November 2023 via the email provided during the eligibility check.
16. Aro will attempt to contact the winner by email twice.
17. If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and Aro reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.